The perfect chocolate chip cookie consists of three things: Taste, Texture, and Ratio of chocolate chips to cookie. When you think about it, cookie baking is a complete science a baker needs to identify to achieve the best cookie possible.
I haven’t made cookies for a while and decided to pull out my Hershey’s Easy Baking cookbook to try out their famous chocolate chip recipe.
This chewy cookies host a heck-load of chocolate chips per cookie.
Cookies and family bonding go hand-in-hand like movies and popcorn. I remember in my youth, perched upon the kitchen stool helping my mother prepare cookie dough by hand. Flour covered the kitchen counter like a light dusting of freshly fallen snow. I remember these details as I bite down into the freshly baked cookie, savoring each flavor, and wishing I had a glass of milk to wash it all down.
Right now I am in the middle of my first semester at a University College. Although everything is new, I am enjoying my classes, and the new classmates I meet daily. I spend hours in the library —usually lounged on a couch engulfed in a book. My time management skills are improving drastically, and I can tell my writing is slowly becoming more fluid in motion. I will post some of my short stories once my class has ended. (Be warned, my work isn’t all about cookies and cakes.)
I am enjoying my newfound knowledge of food blogging. I am learning new marketing techniques, photography editing, and new skills which make blogging easier. I never really understood how many skills were needed to produce a beautiful blog, and I feel enriched with my newfound knowledge. I am still trying to find my “voice” in writing these posts. I do not want to come off as “too-formal” but I do want to sound informed on the information.
Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o’clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap. – Barbara Jordan
(Can you imagine?! What a beautiful life that would be.)
Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.)HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add eggs; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
Recipe inspired by “Hershey’s Easy Baking”