It’s a Challenge!
I have a plethora of cookbooks. I reach into my wallet whenever I spot an unusual or fun cookbook. This has added up over the years to a grand total of over 50 cookbooks… And I haven’t even tried a recipe from some of them.
I’m one of those people who checks out cookbooks from the library to read, and never lifts a finger to try a recipe. Whenever I want to find a recipe I head over to food gawker. Why? Because it’s easier than searching through my mountain of books to find the perfect recipe.
That’s all about to change. This year, I invite you along as I cook through my culinary library. I will produce one dish per cookbook and post its results.
Here are the cookbooks I will be cooking from. If the post is highlighted, click the link to reveal the recipe.
- Fifty Shades of Chicken
- Breakfasts and Brunches – Bon Appetit
- The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook
- Appetizers- Bon Appétit
- Best of Gourmet Magazine 2001
- Western National Parks’ Lodges Cookbook
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- I’m Just Here for the Food
- Great American Home Baking
- Classic Desserts
- Good Eats, The Early Years
- Good Eats, The Middle Years
- Good Eats, The Later Years
- The Taste of Home Cookbook
- Dessert Circus
- Top Chef – The Quickfire Cookbook
- Top Chef – The Cookbook
- Food Network Favorites
- Great Good Food
- Complete Book of Mixed Drinks
- Delicious Disney Desserts
- Barefoot Contessa Family Style
- Betty Crocker’s Cooking Basics
- The Martha Steward Cookbook
- Lava Bear Culinary Favorites
- Chef Mickey’s
- Entertaining 101
- Betty Crocker Cookbook
- The Big Book of Backyard Cooking
- The Quick & Easy Cookbook
- The American Woman’s Cookbook
- Hershey’s Easy Baking
- Pig Out!
- Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook
- Gordon Ramsay’s World Kitchen
- Molto Gusto
- Macarons Collection
- The Peanut Butter & Co. Cookbook